The orchestra is run by a committee made up of orchestra members representing all sections. Committee members have to be re-elected every three years. The music director and leader are ex-officio members of the committee.
- Chair – Tessa Lewis (2022)
- Secretary – Sue Rogers (2022)
- Treasurer – Malcolm James (2020)
- Librarian – David Fraser (2021)
- Website – Simon Large (2022)
- Floor member – Gavin Stoddart (2022)
- Floor Member – Clare Fisher (2021)
There are several other people with specific jobs you need to be aware of.
- Safeguarding lead – Clare Fisher (deputy – Tessa Lewis)
- E-safety – Simon Large
- Fire officer – Tessa Lewis (deputy – Heather Thornton)
- Health & Safety – Tessa Lewis (deputy – Heather Thornton)
Aside from arranging programmes and concerts, the committee does a great deal of work behind the scenes, promoting the orchestra, ensuring we meet our objective of promoting classical music in the community, and generally keeping everything running smoothly.
We also have to keep up with the regulations on charities, which involves a certain amount of policy and procedure documentation to help us meet our responsibilities. You can find these on our documents and forms page.