The orchestra is run by a committee made up of orchestra members representing all sections. Committee members have to be re-elected every three years. The music director and leader are ex-officio members of the committee.
- Chairman – Peter Geraghty (2018)
- Secretary – Bethan Barlow (2017)
- Treasurer – Malcolm James (2017)
- Librarian – Heather Thornton (2018)
- Membership – Janet Lloyd (2018)
- Website – Simon Large (2019)
- Floor member – David Fraser (2018)
- Floor member – Gavin Stoddart (2019)
There are several other people with specific jobs you need to be aware of.
- Safeguarding lead – Heather Thornton
- Safeguarding deputy – Bethan Barlow
- E-safety – Simon Large
- Fire officer – Bethan Barlow
- First aiders – James Leney & Helena Todd
Aside from arranging programmes and concerts, the committee does a great deal of work behind the scenes, promoting the orchestra, ensuring we meet our objective of promoting classical music in the community, and generally keeping everything running smoothly.
We also have to keep up with the regulations on charities, which involves a certain amount of policy and procedure documentation to help us meet our responsibilities. You can find these on our documents and forms page.