We usually hold an orchestral workshop once a year in which we play something that we would not normally play in a concert, usually a major work that requires a large orchestra and is not often played by amateur orchestras. In recent workshops we have had an orchestra of around 100 players, drawn from a wide area. We welcome enquiries from non-members and try to provide opportunity for as many as possible to play. We sometimes hold specialist strings or wind workshops too.
Dennis Simons will be leading this one-day workshop for string orchestra. We will be looking at a variety of works, but focusing especially on Suk’s Serenade for Strings.
This event is open to members and non-members alike. Previous events have proved very popular and draw players from far afield. Places are limited so be sure to book your place soon. Check the event page for more information.
Dennis Simons will conduct this full orchestra workshop as we explore Elgar’s Symphony No 2.
Further details will be available soon
Workshop Mailing List
If you would like us to email you when details of the next workshop are released, just sign up below to be added to our workshop mailing list. This will typically generate 2-3 emails per year.
- 2019 – Shostakovich – Symphony No 7 (Leningrad)
- 2018 – Mahler – Symphony No 5
- 2017 – Mahler – Symphony No 2
- 2016 – Beethoven – Grosse Fuge (string workshop)
- 2016 – Shostakovich – Symphony No 10
- 2014 – Holst – The Planets
- 2014 – Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition
- 2010 – Bernstein – West Side Story Symphonic Dance Suite
- 2009 – Elgar – Symphony No 1